Middle Ground Lighthouse

The Gonsoulins of Williamsburg, VA and the Billingsleys of Annapolis, MD are the proud owners of Middle Ground. Feel free to look around at the pictures and posts.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Back from Spring Break

Spring Break was great.

My friends Walt, Sam, Mike, and Jake came down with the family to work on the lighthouse.
  • We installed a landing platform so that Granddaddy and my scared aunts and anybody else can get easily from the boat to the lighthouse ladder in a single step.
  • Walt and my Dad rewired the entire things, giving us lights, switches, sockets, control panels, etc.
  • Sam and I drilled through solid steel and concrete on the outside to place these huge bolts which hold even huger 6x6s to the lighthouse for easy docking, a sliding mooring system, and even a swim ladder (to be installed).
  • Granddad and Steve put in these beautiful portholes on one of the upper levels of the lighthouse.
  • We hauled up some 1000 pounds of batteries for the future electric system.
  • Sam and my Mom built the battery shelf in the basement. Sam, Mike, and I scraped the room of old paint. And Mike and I painted the battery closet.
I'm sure there is other stuff we did too, but I just can't remember it right now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how come you havent blogged about the boat trip?

i wasnt there, but i would like to hear about it.

10:15 PM, May 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can phrase that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is stationary a definitely as you did in the fall efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=3d desktop ?
I noticed the axiom you procure not used. Or you use the dark methods of development of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

4:21 PM, February 10, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was very pleased to uncover this website. I wanted to thank you for your time due to this wonderful read!
! I definitely loved every bit of it and I have you saved as a favorite to look at new information on your
web site.
Here is my homepage ; my response

7:30 PM, January 11, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home